Meeting Australian Open Disclosure Framework and New Zealand Health & Disability guidance and training for health professionals who conduct or support open disclosure
Learn how to maintain and enhance professional patient respect in challenging situations, and ways to support colleagues through difficult conversations.
Open disclosure training can be provided for any healthcare organisation and is adapted to meet specific country requirements. In Australia, Cognitive Institute’s open disclosure courses are recognised by the NSQHS, providing you with the communication skills to achieve “expert” under the Framework.
The Open Disclosure Expert Training Programme provides participants with the skills and Knowhow to:
- assist, mediate and facilitate open disclosure in a health service organisation including:
- preparing for an open disclosure discussion
- effectively engaging with patients, their family or carers when something goes wrong
- follow-up and further actions required after open disclosure dialogue
- genuinely say “sorry” to a patient who has suffered an adverse outcome while being cognisant of the issues of admitting liability
- engage with the psychological and emotional state of patients, their families and/or carers after an adverse outcome
- appreciate the response clinicians may have following an adverse outcome and understand emotional barriers that can impact on conducting effective disclosure conversations.
|Delivery Mode||In-house at your organisation|
|Participants||Up to 16|
|Delivered By||Experienced Cognitive Institute medical faculty|
Who should attend
Open Disclosure Expert Training
Meeting Australian Open Disclosure Framework guidance, advanced communication skills training, including simulated patients, for health professionals who conduct or support open disclosure.