This website is operated by Cognitive Institute (“we”, “us” or “our”). Cognitive Institute is the trading name of the Cognitive Consulting Group Pty Ltd (ABN 47 070 825 188). We collect and manage data in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, employer and occupation or role with that employer. Generally this information is requested if you register to attend one of our courses or events or subscribe to receive email updates from us. We may also request personal information from you if you need assistance from us. We may gather and use information about you in the following ways:
- We will use your personal information and information we obtain from other sources for administration, marketing and research purposes and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your requirements. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes.
- If you consent, we may also use your personal information to keep you informed about special offers, new courses and industry related news offered by us or by any of our service providers. If you do not wish to receive this information, you may advise us at any time.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us improve the design and layout of our website and to provide content that is of interest to you.
- By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal information for the above purposes.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
We may use information obtained about you from cookies (files which are sent to us by your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our website in future. We do this to allow us to identify users and personalise the website wherever possible. The cookies store small pieces of information about our visitors. This means that on future visits to our websites, we can identify past visitors and welcome them back.
We may access cookies stored on your computer when you visit our website in future. We are able to do this by including web beacons (also known as clear GIFS or web bugs) in our emails. Our web beacons do not store additional information on your computer but, by communicating with our cookies on your computer, they can tell us when you have opened emails from us and what pages you look at.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- _utma (Google Analytics)
- _utmb (Google Analytics)
- _utmc (Google Analytics)
- _utmz (Google Analytics)
- region (to establish region)
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for deleting cookies for your specific web browser.
If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
When you visit our website, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
When and how to contact us
- your personal information changes
- you wish us to tell you what information we hold about you
- you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences
- you have any queries about how we use your information
please let us know by contacting us.
Our contact details
65 Park Road
Milton Qld 4064
Phone: +61 7 3511 5000
If you have a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, please contact us to discuss the complaint with our privacy officer. Alternatively, you may put the complaint in writing. Our contact details are above. We will respond to your complaint quickly. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, then you may contact the Privacy Commissioner. Contact details for the Privacy Commissioner are available on the Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time so you are encouraged to review this policy from time to time. We will, of course, notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
Our goal is to respect your privacy. To help us improve our privacy practices please give us feedback. We welcome your comments and queries.
Last updated: 23 April 2018